I've come up with a mnemonic to remember the essence:
In order to make a Goal really effective, remember BEACHPARTY.
- B - Beleivable
- Can people really beleive in the achieving of this goal?
- E - Exciting
- Do people get really excited about it? Is there intrinsic motivation to obtain the goal?
- A - Active
- Not thinking or beleiving, but activities lead to results. Is the goal formulated in an active way? Does it contain a verb?
- C - Changeabe
- The world changes rapidly; Can the goal be easily adapted to a new reality?
- H - Harmonious
- Does this goal fits in with your other goals?
- P - Precise
- Is the goal written down unambiguously?
- A - Attitude
- The main goal of having a goal is to trigger a certain attitude that will lead towards the achieving af the goal. What's the attitude you have in mind ?
- R - Results
- What results will be obtained when the goal is achieved?
- T - Team
- Who shares this goal with you?
- Y - Why
- Is it clear why this goal is meaningful?
- How will you celebrate your success when achieving this goal?
Feel free to share your goals in comment.
*Very interested *